AMC is an abbreviation for American Multi-Cinema.
AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. Is an American movie theatre chain founded by Maurice, Edward, and Barney Dubinsky in 1920. Its headquarter is in Leawood, Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
AMC launched its Initial Public Offering on Dec 18, 2013 under the ticker symbol ‘AMC’ at a price of $18/share.
AMC Stock Forecast (Short- and Long-Term)
Here below is a basic prediction table: –
|2023||$ 9.45||$ 11.34|
|2024||$ 13.89||$ 16.39|
|2025||$ 18.85||$ 21.27|
|2026||$ 22.10||$ 24.31|
|2027||$ 26.50||$ 28.33|
|2028||$ 29.08||$ 31.09|
|2029||$ 31.73||$ 32.40|
|2030||$ 33.10||$ 33.83|
- AMC price prediction 2023: The AMC price will increase to $9.45 in the first half of 2023; in the second half, it will rise by $1.89 to complete the year at $11.34, or +118% more than the current price.
- AMC price prediction 2024-2028: AMC’s price would rise significantly over these five years, from $11.34 to $31.09, a 174% increase. AMC’s price in 2024 will begin at $11.34, rise to $13.89 in the first six months of the year, and end the year at $16.39. That is an increase of 216% from today.
- AMC price prediction 2029-2030: The AMC price would increase by 25% during this time, from $31.09 to $38.97. AMC’s price in 2029 will begin at $31.09, rise to $31.73 in the first half of the year, and end at $32.40. About +524% from today, to be exact.
Current price of AMC is 6.18 USD.
Experts Saying About AMC Stock
We’ve compiled a few quotes from distinguished professionals who have talked about what to expect from AMC moving forward.
Citigroup, $6 target
“AMC remains overvalued at current levels.”
Michael Pachter, Wedbush, $7.50 target
“Ultimate majority of retail ownership will eventually cash out and move on”
Alan Gould, Loop Capital, $1 target
“To me, the stock just does not reflect fundamental value. I realize that can occur for a while, but eventually, I think it comes back to fundamentals”
See: Amazon Stock Forecast 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2030
Factors Affecting AMC Stock Price
Here below we have some main factors that can affect the price of AMC stock.
- Reddit: In 2021, a group of retail investors from a Reddit site called Wall Street Bets began investing in AMC, which led to the firm becoming recognized as a meme stock. The corporation had a massive infusion of new capital, which was followed by extremely chaotic circumstances. The price of AMC will probably be impacted by any additional Reddit investor activity.
- Short Positions: In order to create a short squeeze, retail investors from Reddit and other forums started purchasing AMC shares in 2021. When they were successful, they raised the stock price by more than 1000% in a short period of time. The quantity of open short positions on AMC could force further squeeze from retail investors.
- Movie Ticket Sales: Selling movie tickets is how AMC makes the majority of their revenue. Since 2002, ticket sales have been steadily falling, and competition from streaming services like Netflix has only made the downturn faster. AMC won’t be able to satisfy shareholders if it can’t sell enough tickets.
Is AMC a Worth Buying Stock?
The stability of AMC’s finances and development prospects show that the company has the capacity to perform worse than the market. Its growth score right now is C. With a Momentum Score of A, recent price fluctuations and earnings estimate revisions suggest that this company may be a solid choice for momentum investors.
The views stated in this article are entirely those of the featured analyst. The information provided is solely for educational purposes. It’s important to conduct your own research before making any investments.