Upstart is an artificial intelligence (AI) lending platform that collaborates with banks and credit unions to offer consumer loans while predicting creditworthiness using non-traditional factors like job and education.
It was founded by Dave Girouard, Anna Counselman and Paul Gu in April 2012. It is headquartered in San Mateo, California, U.S.
It introduced a product called an Income Share Agreement (ISA), which allowed people to raise money by agreeing to split a certain percentage of their future earnings. To assess a potential borrower’s creditworthiness, it constructs an income and default prediction model.
Upstart launched its IPO in December 2020 under the ticker symbol ‘UPST’ at a stock price of $20/share.
Upstart stock forecast (Short- and Long-Term)
Here below is a basic price prediction table: –
|2023||$ 13.87||$ 15.95|
|2024||$ 15.94||$ 18.33|
|2025||$ 18.34||$ 21.09|
|2030||$ 36.89||$ 42.42|
|2034||$ 67.86||$ 78.03|
- Price prediction 2023: The estimate predicts that the stock price will rise to $15.95 by the end of the year from $13.87 at the beginning of the year.
- Price prediction 2024: Shares will cost $15.94 at the start of the year and $18.33 at the end.
- Price prediction 2025: By the beginning of 2025, the stock price will be $18.34, and by the end of the year, it will be $21.09.
- Price prediction 2030: As per the predictions of some analysts, the stock will rise to a price of $36.89 at the start of 2030 and $42.42 by the end of the year.
- Price prediction 2034: The stock would start the year at $67.86 and increase to $78.03 by the end of the year, according to the forecasted price estimate.
Current price of Upstart stock is 13.87 USD.
Factors Affecting the Price of Upstart Stock
Here below we have some main factors that can affect the price of stock.
- New Strategies: In order to build effective plans, a company must conduct new research and developments on schedule. If the company lags behind in these activities, it will surely have an impact on its ability to grow.
- Customer Base: Customers are the main and the most important pillar of an organization, and the organization must focus on increasing of its trusted customer base.
- Competition: Its main competitors are Float, Plaid, Kiavi, Affirm and Earnest. However, Upstart ranks 1st in Employee Net Promoter Score still it has to be careful and strategic to maintain its position in market.
Is Upstart a Good Buy?
It’s possible that Upstart won’t become a tech giant, but that doesn’t make it a bad investment. The stock price of Upstart will probably be significantly higher in 2030 than it is today if the company keeps expanding its loan volume and eventually enters the mortgage business. Because of this, the stock presents a compelling investment opportunity for growth investors with a long-time horizon.
*We only offer advice based on our best estimations; therefore, we highly advise you to conduct your own research before acting.